Dear Patrons of the Arts,
What a year it has been!! I had the privilege of completing my first official season of events and here are a few things I learned along the way:
1. Our community LOVES the arts!
2. Audiences were ready to enjoy live entertainment again, masks and all.
3. Middle School kids aren’t too cool to dance.
4. When our local restaurants donate food for the artists and crew they go ALL OUT!
5. SoFa students are magnificent ushers.
6. I became an expert in administering COVID tests behind the scenes. Shout out to the Matthew 25 staff for the support!
7. The Preston Arts Center is an amazing venue with an incredible staff.
8. Have a backup plan for your backup plan.
9. The HAAA board is always ready to help, even if that means driving a bunch of musicians in a 15-passenger van all day. I’m looking at you Tim Hobbs!
10. The very best moment, after a really long day, is sitting back and watching the audience enjoy every last minute of a performance.
The 21-22 Season was not without it’s setbacks. It has been tough coming back from the pandemic and the arts and entertainment industry is slowly building its strength back. HAAA saw a decrease in season ticket holders and audience attendance, several shows had to be rescheduled due to COVID and we had a reduction in individual and corporate giving.
HAAA is ready to move forward and continue bringing you high quality programming at an extremely affordable price. The newest season will be announced very soon and it’s going to an exciting one! In July, we will give out almost $10,000 in grant funds to local affiliate arts organizations. HAAA and Henderson County Schools are building a new partnership to ensure all students get the chance to experience the arts.
Nothing we do would ever be possible without your support. As a nonprofit arts and community organization, charitable contributions are vital to our mission of creating a vibrant community by providing quality arts experiences for all. Please consider making a donation today securely on our website.
Thank you for supporting HAAA and the arts in your community. We can’t wait to see you this season!